A temporary cloak that makes you hard to see when moving, and invisible when motionless.—
Overview[edit | edit source]
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Upon activation, the user becomes nearly invisible for up to 12 seconds.
- Enemies will only be able to see a translucent form of you while moving, making it hard for them to see you, but not impossible.
- Activating the ability makes a unique sound that all nearby contestants can hear, and this sound persists if you are moving while invisibility is active.
- Standing still will make the user completely invisible, and no audio queues will play.
- Attacking or activating other abilities will uncloak the user.
- If the user uncloaks before the 12 seconds are up, the ability will still be available to use for the remainder of the time.
- After uncloaking, the Cloaking Device slowly recharges and may be used again at any time, even if the full 12 seconds have not been recharged.
Strengths and Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- The Cloaking Device can be very useful in an attempt to get behind the enemy, making it easier to eliminate them as they must first turn around to shoot at you. It is a very strong specialization in combination with the Assassin's Dagger, as it complements the ability to backstab someone, which is extremely effective.
- However, the audio emitting by the user can, in some situations, make it easier for the enemy to locate you than without the specialization. Choosing this specialization in a loadout excludes the user from picking other more versatile specializations, and can leave the user without many options for map-traversal compared to other Light Builds.