A beam that gives health directly to another teammate—
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Healing Beam is a support-style specialization for the Medium Build.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Activating this ability equips a two-handed device that emits a beam that snaps onto an allied contestant.
- The target must be within 15 meters and in line-of-sight of the user to be initiated.
- The beam constantly heals the targeted contestant.
- The beam briefly persists after the target moves out of the user's line-of-sight.
- The Healing Beam can overheat if it is used continuously for too long.
- The Healing Beam can heal around 450HP until it overheats.
- When it becomes overheated, the user must wait until it has cooled down in order to use it again.
- An overheat meter is present on the small display screen on the Healing Beam gun.
Strengths and Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- The Healing Beam is a very strong tool to keep a team alive and healthy for prolonged periods of time. Its self-snapping feature is also very useful. It is notably strong in combination with a Heavy Build ally because of their large heath pool.
- While this specialization might seem overpowered at first, the supporting role of the Healing Beam leaves the wielder defenseless while using it, and it is fairly easy to disrupt this specialization if an opposing team focuses on the Medium Build rather than the team member who is being healed.